Tuesday Tally - Favorite Books from Childhood

Ah.. childhood. What a wondrous time I had with books. I could have sworn when I was five, I had the biggest library ever! Little did I know I would grow to have a pantry! full of novels, not to mention the other shelves. I always want to buy the books I remember reading as a young'un. Unfortunately, there's not enough money nor time in the world for me to buy or hunt down everything I read. But, there is time for me to list my favorites here for you!

Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli


I reviewed this one earlier in the year because I read it again. But this was the first YA contemporary book I remember reading. It was the first one that had a deep and compelling theme that I understood. And for that, Stargirl will always remain on my list of all-time favorites.



Firegirl by Tony Abbott


Not so dissimilar to Stargirl, this is a story about being different. I read it after I had read Stargirl. I can't remember all of the details about the story at this point, but I remember that this story solidified my beliefs that being "weird" was actually "cool", though it may be discouraged in a lot of settings.



Fairest by Gail Carson Levine


I can't say I have a lot of words for this book. It was certainly my favorite for a while, but looking back I have no idea why. Maybe it was because it took place in a fantasy world. I have no idea... But it makes the list of good books!



A Series of Unfortunate Events #4 - The Miserable Mill by Lemony Snicket


I was completely obsessed with the series. Every little joke made me think I was clever for understanding them and I got a kick out of the narration style. But this one claims the title "Favorite" because of a reason I can't tell you! Spoilers!



A Crooked Kind of Perfect by Linda Urban


A girl who wants to play the piano, but gets an organ instead. A kidney.

No, I'm just kidding, she gets the musical instrument organ. Maybe I connected to this story because I play piano. Maybe I just loved the writing style so much, I decided to adopt it (my blog-writing style is a lot different from my story-writing style). I do remember being exceedingly disappointed because of the lack of romance, but beggars cannot be choosers.




Spiderwick Chronicles

Okay, so this is a series. My friends and I discussed these books like crazy. We watched the movie at least 3 times in one day. It was THE BOOK SERIES to read at my school.



Herculeah Jones - The Dark Stairs by Betsy Byars

This was the book that started the obsession. For the longest time, I couldn't get enough of mystery, and I blame this one!


The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis

I don't honestly think this one needs explaining. Fantasy, escape from the real world, talking beavers.... My kind of book.


Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling

Again, it doesn't require much explaining. But this is the first Harry Potter I vividly remember reading different scenes on different nights and how I initially felt whilst reading those scenes. 



Everybody Poops by Taro Gomi

First book I remember having extreme feels for. I lost this book sometime when I was really young. I swear, it's still at my aunt's house. I missed this book so bad that my mom bought it for me again last Christmas.




Honorable mention:

The Princess Diaries by Meg Cabot

These were the first books that I marathoned.

Until I lost my copy of the last book - the blue book. The only non pink/purplish one of the bunch. I lost it. I cried. And then I forgot about it. I recently found that copy going through some of my old things. I'm not sure I'm going to be reading it anytime soon, though.




Comments